Jason Boron is an experienced music educator who has taught music in early childhood, primary, secondary and tertiary contexts. He is currently Lecturer in Music Education at Edith Cowan University, Vice-Chairperson of the Western Australia Chapter of the Australian Society for Music Education (ASME), National Vice-President of Kodály Australia, and WA Branch President for Kodály Western Australia Jason has also served as a committee member for the Western Australian Orff-Schulwerk Association (WAOSA) and the WA Massed Choir Festival Association.
Jason is in regular demand as a consultant and presenter for music education in-service programs. He has coordinated and led innovative music education programs, including the Primary Music Specialisation at Edith Cowan University, the Australian Kodály Certificate Course in Perth (which attracted over 100 participants in 2018), and the Music Every-Day program (for students in pre-kindergarten to year 2) at Presbyterian Ladies’ College.
Jason is a past recipient of the Sarolta Kodály Scholarship by the International Kodály Society. In 2015, he graduated with a Master of Arts (Music Pedagogy) with highest honours from the Kodály Institute of the Liszt Academy of Music, Hungary.
- Bachelor of Music Education (Hons), University of Western Australia, 2007
- Graduate Certificate of Music (Aural Pedagogy), University of Queensland, 2009
- Diploma of Kodály Music Education (Music Pedagogy), Kodály Institute of the Liszt Academy of Music, Hungary, 2015
- Master of Arts in Kodály Music Pedagogy (with highest honours), Kodály Institute of the Liszt Academy of Music, Hungary, 2016
Professional Training and Experience
- Coordinator of the Perth Australian Kodály Certificate Course
- Australian Kodály Certificate in Primary Music Education
- Orff-Schulwerk Level 3 (Australian National Council of Orff-Schulwerk)
- Feierabend Association of Music Education Certification (First Steps in Music, Conversational Solfege Lower Levels, Conversational Solfege Upper Levels)
- International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme Teacher
- Australian Society for Music Education
- International Kodály Society
- International Society for Music Education
- Kodály Music Education Institute of Australia
- West Australian Orff-Schulwerk Association
- Dalcroze Australia
- Australian National Choral Association
- Coordinator, Perth Australian Kodály Certificate Course
- Presenter, South Australian Department for Education Music Education Strategy Professional Development Package provided by Kodály SA